- UA is pleased to announce the implementation of an addendum to the Full-Time Collective Bargaining Agreement which provides a supplementary health care stipend to same-sex and civil union couples: Side Letter Related to Same-Sex Health Care Stipend
- On Feb. 25, Barbara Bowen, president of CUNY's academic union, spoke on "Unions and the Community: Engaging for Survival" as part of UA's 10th annivesary celebration
- UA PRES. DAVID SHIMAN ADDRESSED THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES on February 9, 2013, on the recent report of the Governor's Task Force on Higher Education subject and the UVM-State of Vermont Relationship. You can read his remarks here.
- 2013 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED. Students working for social justice can apply for one of UA's Jeffrey Brace Awards. If they have an immediate family member who is a member of any Vermont union, they can also apply for the Linda Backus Memorial Award. Full information here.
- PART-TIME FACULTY CONTRACT INFORMATIONAL MEETING AND RATIFICATION VOTE (PT faculty only). Wednesday, December 19, 527 Waterman Building (Phi Beta Kappa Room). Discussion begins at 1:30 PM, ballot counting will begin no later than 3 PM, at which time the voting will be closed.
- UA AND ADMINISTRATION INITIAL TENTATIVE AGREEMENT ON NEW PART-TIME FACULTY CONTRACT United Academics’bargaining team and representatives of the University initialed a Tentative Agreement on a new part-time Collective Bargaining Agreement late in the evening of November 27, 2012. The tentative agreement will be sent to all UA members in the Part-Time Bargaining Unit for a ratification vote in mid-December.
- Negotiations for the part-time contract have reached impasse (see the full press release). We need as many signatures as we can get to support the part-time faculty as they go to mediation. Click here to read and sign the petition.
- Pres. Shiman addresses Board of Trustees on Part-Time Negotiations On Thursday, Nov. 8, UA Pres. David Shiman, with about 100 student and faculty supporters in attendance, spoke to the UVM Board of Trustees about the plight of part-time faculty, and delivered 1500 petition signatures to UVM Pres. Sullivan calling for a fair part-time faculty contract. The full text of David's remarks is here. The event was also covered by the Burlington Free Press and by WCAX. Check out BFP video coverage of the event.
- UA Rallies for a Part-Time Faculty Contract (Nov. 8, 2012): UA leads a silent march into the Board of Trustees Meeting, while Pres. Shiman addresses the Board on the plight of part-time faculty. Click here to see the full-page ad in the Burlington Free Press in support of a fair contract for part-timers.
- UA Supports University Staff Union-NEA (Oct. 29, 2012): UA pledges its support to USU-NEA and urges all eligible staff to support University Staff Union-NEA in the upcoming election on November 13th and 14th.
- FIVE UVM STUDENTS AWARDED UA SCHOLARSHIPS
For more information on the awards and recipients click here.
- UA OFFICE INFORMATION
Stop by and visit the office. Patti Gannon maintains UA's UVM office, located in the basement of Waterman, room 123C.
For office hours and contact info click here..
UA faculty cheer on our negotiating team members as they head into a bargaining session on May 16, 2011.
Questions? Comments? Use our anonymous Suggestion Box
Last updated May 8, 2013
EC Meeting, Wednesday, May 8, 2:00-3:30 pm, Senate Conference Room
DA Meeting, Friday, May 10, 3:30-5pm, B-H Dean's Conference Room